Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Training

Twice a week Jason and I have been doing interval type training. Tuesday nights are devoted to sprintervals along Lincoln Memorial drive, we start at the Art Museum and do 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off all the way until the top of the hill near Kenwood blvd. This usually get pretty brutal towards the end; the 30 second recovery goes by fast. We have been doing these for a number of weeks and I feel like it has made me a lot stronger of a rider. I feel that my body is able to recover more quickly than it ever has.

On Thursday nights we have been hitting the hills, basically soft pedaling to all the hills along Lincoln Memorial and hitting all of them as hard as we can (sometimes standing and sometimes spinning). This tends to take more out of me than the Tuesday night sprints, since I am a bit larger it takes a lot of energy to carry myself up the hill. Recently I switched to a FSA SLK compact crankset and am never going back. The 5o tooth chainring in the front is perfect for my high cadence styles. The 34 tooth inner ring is really small though and I might replace it with a 36 tooth.

This Saturday is the kick-off to the Wisconsin Road Series in Sheboygan, it is the Evergreen Criterium which is listed as a 1 mile loop with a steep finish......hopefully training pays off.

No comments: