Thursday, November 20, 2008

Season in review

It is the end of the racing season for me once again, this is a time for review to see what I have accomplished this season (technically the US Grand Prix is coming up on December 6th/7th and I am racing it).

Originally my goals were to move to Cat 3 on the road.
Fail, but at least got some points on the board.

Start mountain biking.
Success and had fun doing it.

Survive Portland cyclocross and see where I fit in.
Success in my opinion. With a decent starting position I could usually work up to mid-20s or 30s out of 100 or so riders in the B category.

Super commuting
Success, my bike has full fenders, moustache bars, and a front basket now.

Overall I am happiest with my cyclocross season. This is my favorite style of racing and in my opinion where I excel, and one of the main reasons on why I moved to Portland.

Preliminary goals for next season:

Road
Actually move to Cat 3 in OBRA and compete occasionally during the road season.

Mountain
Compete in the short track series on my 29'er and have a lot of fun exploring Oregon wilderness and hopefully get a full suspension mountain bike.

Cyclocross
Be a top 20 A rider or better. This is my main goal for next season and my whole training purpose.

Commuting
Not get hit, live a car free life, and never wear an orange reflective vest or ankle straps.

Find a local like-minded team that I can join.

No comments: