Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Training update 2

I have been putting on lots of base miles as of late. Around 200 miles a week

A good effort almost every day. When it is nice out I put on 30 miles of flat little-ring riding to Sauvie Island and back. Other days I have been riding the trainer in the basement for 45 minutes.

Overall I think I am over-exerting myself with training and commuting. The commuter miles lately have been the worst, from towing many larges pieces of wood in the wind, to lots of wind miles in general have really been taking a toll on my recovery. The commuter miles will lessen up real soon.

I started jumping on the Thursday lawyer ride, I forgot how much more interesting riding hills can be. It is also fun to be riding in a group again. This ride is probably more exertion than I need for training, but it is more of a mental exercise than physical right now.

No comments: