Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Training update

I was using my roommates rollers for a week and I must say rollers are much better than a trainer. At first they were awkward to ride but they really honed in my balance in only a few sessions. The bad part with these is that the drum diameter is tiny, approximately 1 inch diameter, so they are really hard to spin.

Taking advantage of this freakish January weather I have been outside every morning putting in 25 miles. Right now I am feeling slightly tired, so I am going to take a day off and then hit it again. It feels good to be riding outside again and is making me really excited for the road season. As much as I love cyclocross and want to peak for the season, I am really drawn to criteriums and road races.

I am still trying to get the body back into training shape, drop a few pounds, and generally get back my snap.

I am dreaming about building up a new racing machine for the road season. The Bianchi is heavier than most, the wheels are heavy, and everything is incredibly flexy. Great for training on because it is soft and supple but there is a lot of power loss due to the flex.

Lusting over the new Dura-ace as gruppo, use my carbon tubulars, and build up a custom carbon frame.

No comments: