Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Basket-less

Friday night as I was riding around with the ShowersPass team a little chainring bolt fell off. I didn't know this happened....and then this happened

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

The chainring just crumpled instantly, a good sign to lay off the EPO. Luckily I was only 2.5 miles from the ShowersPass headquarters which had beer and pizza. Home is only another 1.5 miles from there. I decided to turn this scenario into chance to finally get my commuter stripped and re-powdercoated.

Monday morning I dropped it off at Brooker Enterprises and I should have the frame and fork back in less than two weeks with a fresh new powdercoat on it. I got really used to the baby blue color so I went with a really close match. I also am going to use this opportunity as time to rebuild it with some new parts and fix things that were in need of repair. Here is what is going to be new on it:

  • New chainring obviously and this time I am going to put on a carbon chainguard for style
  • New pedals, the ones that are on it now are have been broken for years
  • New Ruckus Comp. brakes (really a first prototype)
  • New bar tape instead of the oury grips
  • New bottom bracket
  • New SS chain
  • Replace the basket with a portuer style rack
  • New Ruckus Comp carbon fenders
  • I am in debate of paying for a new set of commuter wheels as well...really wanting to do it to finish off the package
In all I am really excited to get my bike back and rebuild it. This bike means a lot to me and is by far my favorite.

No comments: